Those people on the West Coast who would like to receive a printed copy of the Royal Commission's report may either contact us at email@example.com or may call into the Department of Internal Affairs office at 146 Mackay Street, Greymouth.
- 1/11/2012 Discontinuation of the secure website - The Commission provided access to documents on the secure website only for the purpose of participation in the inquiry.
Following the presentation of the Commission's final report to the Governor-General on 30 October 2012, the secure website was discontinued.
For the foreseeable future, the public website, www.pikeriver.royalcommission.govt.nz, will continue.
- 27/08/2012 30 November reporting date
- 6/07/2012 Release of the Commission's report - The commission, in line with its terms of reference, will not be releasing its report. When the report is presented to the Governor-General (28 September 2012) that will be the last formal act of the commission.The report is then the Government's and the release of the report and any comments on it will be a matter for them.
3/07/2012 Minute No. 14 - New evidence/release of final report
- 10/06/2012 Minute No. 13 Adverse Findings - the Commission's approach to adverse findings in its final report (Word version 80kb).
- 4/04/2012 The Commission has completed the public hearings aspect of its inquiries. The Commission will continue its work examining matters relating to Phase Four: Policy Aspects and considering the issues raised in its terms of reference. It is due to report to the Governor General by 28 September 2012.
- 4/04/2012 Wednesday 4 April Hearing Transcript
- 28/03/2012 News Update - March enewsletter
- 28/03/2012 Media Release - Final Hearings
- 28/03/2012 Minute No.12 - Submissions hearing plan
- 20/03/2012 April Hearings Media Advisory
- 17/02/2012 17 February Hearing Transcripts
- 7/02/2012 28 September reporting date
- 6/02/2012 Minute No.11
- 2/02/2012 Media Kit - February Hearings
- 26/01/2012 Media Advisory - February Hearings
- 18/01/2012 January News Update enewsletter
- 11/01/2012 Media Release - February Hearings Witnesses
- 11/01/2012 Hearing Plan - February Hearings
- 14/12/2011 9 December Hearing Transcript
The December hearings concluded on Friday 9 December.
- 9/12/2011 8 December Hearing Transcript
- 2/12/2011 Minute No. 9 - Commission decisions in relation to the Department of Labour investigation report
- 28/11/2011 December Hearings Media Release
- 28/11/2011 December Hearing Plan
- 10/11/2011 Media Kit - Phase Three Hearings
- 7/11/2011 Witness, David Stewart, is appearing before the Commission during the November hearings in his capacity as a Mining Consultant with Minserv International Ltd. The November Hearings Media Release and Hearing Plan have been updated to reflect this.
- 7/11/2011 November Hearings Media Release
- 7/11/2011 November Hearing Plan
- 7/11/2011 November News Update newsletter
- 31/10/2011 Phase 3 Hearing Arrangements Media Advisory
- 20/10/2011 Practice Note 4
- 6/10/2011 October News Update enewsletter
- 6/10/2011 Minute No.7 Phase Three hearings
- 26/09/2011 The Phase Two: Search and Rescue hearings which started on 5 September 2011 have been completed. Daily transcripts are available here.
- 5/09/2011 The Phase Two: Search and Rescue hearings are being live streamed on the internet.
- 5/09/2011 Minute No.6 refers to the Commission releasing draft chronologies for Phase Two: Search and Rescue. Chronology 6 - Search and Rescue and Chronology 7 - Search, Rescue and Recovery:Communication with Families are available here.
- 31/08/2011 Media Kit: Phase Two: Search and Rescue hearings
- 29/08/2011 Media Release: 26 witnesses to be questioned on Pike River Mine search and rescue (HTML version)
- Minute No.6 Phase Two Search and Rescue Hearing Dates and Hearing Plan
- 29 August News Update newsletter
- 22/08/2011 Media Advisory - Media Arrangements 5 September - 23 September Phase Two Hearings
- 5/08/2011 Minute No.5 - Phase Three Hearing Dates
- 5/08/2011 Practice Note No.3
- 5/08/2011 Media Release: Phase Three Hearing Updates
- 5/08/2011 August News Update
- 26/07/2011 Transcripts from Phase One: Context Hearings
- 5/07/2011 Media Advisory Media Kit Phase One: Context Public Hearings (HTML version)
- 4/07/2011 Media Release Experts, Government Agencies and Mine Representatives to Appear Before Commission Hearings (HTML version)
- 4/07/2011 Pike River Royal Commission News Update electronic newsletter
2. Pike River Coal: Permits, Access Arrangements and Resource Consents Mine development (Word version), Pike River Coal: Permits, Access Arrangements and Resource Consents Mine development (PDF version)
Updates on this site
The following is a list of content recently published or updated on this site.