Minute No. 3: Secure Website/Access to Information
2 June 2011
- The Royal Commission’s Secure Website is now operational, and can be accessed by link from the Royal Commission’s website: http://pikeriver.royalcommission.govt.nz/
- As indicated in Practice Note 2, those participants wishing to gain a password for access to the Secure Website should email a request for access to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the name and email address of each person requesting access.
- The site will be progressively loaded with a set of “core documents”, which are documents provisionally identified as of central importance to the Inquiry. This will include for example the principal witness statements, and key documents supporting those statements. The site will be configured to provide automatic email alerts to participants when new documents are added.
- The purpose of providing core documents via the Secure Website is to assist participants to prepare for the hearings. The inclusion or otherwise of a document in the core collection does not affect its evidential status, and documents outside the core collection are still part of the evidence which the Commission may potentially consider. As the Inquiry develops, the Commission will consider requests to move documents to the core collection on the Secure Website at any time.
- Participants seeking access to additional documents filed with the Commission outside the core collection may send a request to the Royal Commission’s Information Officer Lynley Jones: email@example.com. Access to additional material will be at the direction of the Commission.
Note: The Royal Commission’s Secure Website for participants can be accessed from this link: Secure Website for particpants. Those participants seeking access need to email the Commission at firstname.lastname@example.org with the name and email address of those seeking access.
The Pike River Royal Commission
P O Box 5846
Dated 2 June 2011